Tablet PC Thoughts

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Utah Bloggers Conference ... the first!


I'm at the first Utah Bloggers conference, and it's fun to see the size of the community here. Ryan Money from HireVue kicked off the meeting, and quickly went into the panel discussion.

The group of panelists included Cydni Tetro, Phil Burns, Phil Windley, Tim Stay, and Pete Ashdown. The questions varied from what blogging software is being used, to making money with your blog. It was good to hear them all. I really liked one thing that Pete Ashdown said about the record of your history on the Internet ... he referred to that as the "... price of integrity." Instead of going to edit your history - such as on the Wikipedia - you simply live honestly with the choices that you have made.

One of the people stood up and admitted that he doesn't yet have a blog ... he wanted to know what to do to start. Phil Windley suggested his essay How to Start a Blog. Nice ... it's the first result when you search Google for that sentence.

Ryan wrapped things up talking about how we really do have a good blogging community. Utah is continuing to grow rapidly, and the growth from people moving to Utah is fueling the tech industry here. We are slowly gaining some real momentum. There are going to be some future events ...

That was it for now ... I'm going to get some other video ... another YouTube video ...




8 Comments:

  • I really wanted to be there, but I'm in the St. George area. It is nice to hear that things went well.

    By Blogger Steve, at 12:32 AM  

  • Thanks for your coverage of the event. I was really happy to meet so many great people and get introduced to new blogs like yours. I left some of my thoughts from the evening here.

    By Blogger Tim Stay, at 2:43 AM  

  • Thanks for Live Blogging Scott! I wish I had had a minute to sit down and blog - I even got my laptop out to do it. I'll be looking for your video footage of the panel! And since Ryan forgot to mention it - Thanks for hooking us up with WiFI!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:04 AM  

  • Scott, nice write-up and I'm glad you enjoyed the event. I met a few great bloggers there and I hope the next UT Bloggers get-together will be even bigger!

    BTW, I blog for Tim Stay at BusinessBlogWire about business blogging.

    By Blogger anonymous, at 8:41 AM  

  • It was a fun conference, very interested in the next one, with hopefully a little more focus on some of the networking aspects of blogging.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:35 AM  

  • I agree, I was trying to find a place to blog this annoying kid. Jake the laptop boy is a whiny little brat and he gets it from his dork father. Please stop your horrible commercials. Even if you are making money, you owe it to society and our sanity. PC Laptop sucks and they upsale you way too much. Be careful when you go in.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:02 AM  

  • Nowadays Laptop is very popular and mostly users owned it rather than desktop....the very advantage of Laptop is you can carry it wherever you are as long it has a wireless internet connection available.

    But Desktop has an advantage also over Laptops, this include upgrade of OS and other internal accesories.

    Well for me, I had to buy both so wherever I go just pack the Laptop and when getting home I got Desktop. Lol!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:25 PM  

  • pclaptops is a dishonest company.. they sell crappy product dont back up and then try to get you to help them scam your cc company. Check them out with the BBB they are overpriced, deliver a crappy product,and then won't back it up.
    They do have quality employees though.. I recommend honest businesses hire them away to work at a place they do not have to be ashamed of.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home