Tablet PC Thoughts

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Blogging from Iloilo, Philippines


I've been telling myself each day this week that I was going to post ... and I'm only getting to it right now. I'm sitting in the Amigo Terrace Hotel in Iloilo, Philippines ... and after completing a whole ton of work, I'm now ready to post. I'm in the lobby restaurant ... on wireless.

I'll probably break this into a whole set of posts ... there is too much to write about. It's been a very cool trip so far, and a lot has changed since the last time I travelled in this region. I've never been to the Philippines before, but when I was with Novell I visited a number of Asian countries ... Singapore, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, India, Nepal, Thailand ... all amazing places. But these trips were in the early 1990's and predated the penetration of the Internet. What a huge difference. I'm floored. The Internet is everywhere.

So where exactly am I right now? I'm at the hotel here in Iloilo. I've been here a few days after visiting Manila ... we stayed in Makati ... then visited Baguio City. Tomorrow we'll be heading over to Bacolod for the day ... then another day back here in Iloilo, before heading back to Manila and home.

I'll write more ... it's been eye opening. An amazing trip.



1 Comments:

  • Good Post especially for all of us stuck back here in the states.....
    and would love to go back to that fantastically nice country!!!
    Phil

    By Blogger Sam, at 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home