Tablet PC Thoughts

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Ok ... I was able to get my first "test" post through late last night ... well ... early this morning.  I now have a basic framework of code for Radio that is able to post to Blogger.com or Blogspot.com using the Atom API.  Woo hoo!

I do not yet have this completed for redistribution ... but soon will.  I was able to do this by creating hacked copies of Dave Winer's blogger.newPost methods, and creating a blogger.newAtomPost method.  I did one quick test post, and then headed to bed.  There are a couple of bugs that I have to work out, and then I was to see if I can hack this into the #upstream.xml file processing.  I'd like to simply be able to put a line in the #upstream.xml file that indicates that I want to upstream using the Atom API.

If not, then I'll still end up creating a seperate tool that will be a fork of the xManilaBloggerBridge tool written by Steve Hooker.  Fun stuff ... I'm glad that I took the time to write this ... it was a good learning experience.

P.S. For anyone who wants to use the xManilaBloggerBridge tool with Radio and Blogger, I found that there are two core changes to get this working ... I had to search for "metaWeblog." and comment out the calls to these methods, and then look right next to them and un-comment the "blogger." methods.  Once I had done this, the basic Blogger API stuff started to work just fine.  There is not support for 'titles' in the Blogger API though ... this is why I pursued the Atom API support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home