Tablet PC Thoughts

Monday, June 13, 2005

Tablet PC ... it's not about Windows vs. Mac


I just found an interesting post on my Tablet PC blog that gave me cause for this blog post:
Well, MAC IS BETTER THAN WINDOWS YOU PERSON!!
Hmmm ... I'm not sure that I have anything against a Mac. In fact, I don't believe that it will be long before Apple also ships a Tablet PC. People ought to understand that the Tablet PC is not necessarily about the operating system ... it's about a collection of capabilities and an ergonomic design!

What I have found is that the Tablet PC is really about a design which allows for easy use of a computer as a "tablet", coupled with software capabilities that allow for stylus-based annotation and writing. As I am watching the various vendors who are now introducing Tablet PC systems - like IBM/Lenovo - I can only imagine that we are going to watch more vendors jump onboard. When Dell jumps in ... it's a proven market.

One of my questions to my friends at Novell is why there isn't more Linux effort to support the standard Tablet PC platforms ... and maybe there is. I just haven't found too much yet. Along this same line of thinking, I really do think that it is just a matter of time before Apple jumps in with their own Tablet Mac ... or something like that. It's not about the operating system folks ...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home