Tablet PC Thoughts

Saturday, February 18, 2006

wikiCalc ... and interesting example


I downloaded wikiCalc today and began to play with it. It reminds a lot of Radio Userland ... wikiCalc is an application that installs on your desktop and then uses a browser for the UI. It appears to be using AJAX for a lot of the interaction, and has an interesting publishing architecture.

I really like to see more and more applications like this. I believe that they represent an interesting intersection of client and server ... leveraging the power of the desktop, while allowing for remote access. I simply point my browser at a "server" - running on my local machine, or a remote machine - and I am presented with a flexible UI that contains rich AJAX functionality.

I like it!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home