Tablet PC Thoughts

Friday, November 18, 2005

Next GoBinder Beta Build?


Today we are working hard to complete the next beta build of GoBinder 2006. It's taken a number of weeks to get it completed, however I think that it is well worth the wait. The engineers have been doing a lot of work on performance, bug fixes, and a lot of enhancements. Things are really getting a lot more solid. If we get a good build today, then we go into code lock-down for a week or so to clean-up and fix any last major bugs before doing a public release.

We'll also be releasing a new version of the GoBinder SDK which allows you to easily create new plug-ins for GoBinder, Backpack, or the new version of Plan Plus. I'm working on several new sample plug-ins for doing peer-to-peer sharing, chat, and some RSS/Blogging tools. I've got numerous other ideas ... but can only do so much right now.

I'll post later today, or Monday, when we will release the next beta on the Agilix Forums ... it ought to be within the next week.

[tags: ]

2 Comments:

  • Scott, Any news? I know I'm being impatient but its now Wednesday (I'm having Lunch but I realise your are just starting the day!) and still no hint of when the next beta might show. Gobinder has changed the way I work, and I know GB2006 will make things even better but I want it NOW :-)

    keep up the good work!

    Gordon

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:43 AM  

  • I appreciate all of the feedback, and we are working hard to get this out the door ... with quality.

    The feedback on this release has been tremendous, and I know that we have delayed even beyond where I wanted ... however I do believe that it is all going to be worthwhile.

    We did get the build completed, and are now in code lock-down for final bug fixes. Of course the Holiday hurts us a little ... but many of us are still working over the weekend.

    I'll see if I can post an update on Monday after our status meeting. Things are looking good, and we are already into the planning stages of the next update.

    Thanks for the interest ... we *are* working to get this out the door!

    By Blogger Scott C. Lemon, at 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home