Tablet PC Thoughts

Monday, March 12, 2007

The one reason I have a Laptop *and* a Tablet PC


I saw this article, and imediately read through it ... it's #5 that I agree with the most. The reason that I have a laptop *and* a Tablet PC is the screen. The screen size and resolution that is included on most convertibles is still just too low for me. I heard that the Gateway was a full 14", but then the resolution is still only 1280 x 768 pixels ... too small for what I am used to. I'll look forward to seeing what Dell does in this space ... but I want pixels!

As for the value of a Tablet PC ... I love the Tablet PC for notetaking. It is still the most amazing computer to take into presentations or conferences, or when walking around having to take notes and sketch diagrams of things. For these purposes, the Tablet PC beats out the laptop any day.
Eight reasons tablet PCs have missed the mainstream. Tablet PCs haven't caught on with consumers and remain a niche market for certain users, such as medical personnel and insurance adjusters. Cost and technology problems are among the reasons, according to analysts.

[Computerworld Mobile/Wireless News]



1 Comments:

  • I am finishing up my MS in Biochemistry. I have used a tablet PC for all my classes, but then moved to the smaller OQO for my thesis research work in the lab. Here's a website that discusses the idea of using a tablet PC as a research notebook. www.e-lab-book.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home